Thursday, November 11, 2010

Being thankful for my Tacky Christmas Socks

I know, I have updated in like two weeks.  I've been busy, sick, contemplating deleting this blog, deciding it was fun so I would keep it and now.... here I am.  Giving you a little life update.

Okay so I won't even go into detail because I'm sure you've heard the story several times already--from Me, Faye, Brad, Jay, My Mom, My Aunt or anyone else who thinks they are friends with or related to the people who hung out with Kelly Ripa, Mark Consuelos, Anderson Cooper, Ellen Barkin and Andy Cohen. 
Just don't even roll your eyes when you look at these pictures because They.Are.Fabulous.  and you'd have an 8x10 printed and framed in your house if it were you in the picture.



Anyway, I took Tuesday off this week because I was feeling under the weather.  It was the one time I can honestly say I was thankful for the tacky Christmas socks my  Nope Nope's gives me EVERY single Christmas. 
You know the ones----fuzzy, ornaments printed all over, sticky stuff on the bottom (so you won't fall on the tile floor--god forbid that happen), oh and at the top they have these like little dangly jingle bell things. 
Legit. Tacky.
But, I wore them along with green and white polka dot flannel pants, a navy and gray long sleeve shirt and a sweatshirt on top of that--

I ventured out for some soup, I wanted to drive thru and get it but apparently they don't do drive thru soup anywhere?  So......made my way in and out of Target with three cans of soup and a microwave bowl of easy mac.  Keep in mind---I don't have pots, pans, etc--therefore boxed Mac and Cheese required too much assembly (plus I don't have milk or butter)
The point is, I got home--frozen solid, so excited to curl up on the couch with my Cosmo and some soup when I realized,  I DON'T HAVE A CAN OPENER.

Yeah...........................easy mac it was. 

For dinner Brad came and picked my lame sick self up--
(because I was convinced I "couldn't drive...." imagine me saying that in the most whiney voice possible) 
and took me to Newks then we (and by we I mean he) watched GLEE while I thumbed through Cosmo again.  Normally, when the two of us are bored we do things like--see who can pick out the worst outfit in Target

BUT, that night-- I was in bed and asleep by 9:45. 

I've somehow managed to make it through this week feeling sub par.  I cannot wait for the weekend, I plan to sleep, have some hot tea, sleep, fold clothes, clean, sleep, get my nails done, get a pedicure, have a smoothie, sleep, watch tv and make my Christmas list.  Oh and I also have to order all the invitations for my 2 Christmas parties and I need some new dress pants so J. Crew and I may have a date. 

Sweet Daddy invited me to a football ballgame Saturday--not sure why he thinks I would be interested in that but.........I may go just to hang out with him? 

I'll give you ladies more juicy interesting posts when I'm feeling better, promise. 

No comments: